Liposuction is one of the most popular ways to remove unwanted fat, and it’s one of the most effective ways, too! But what is liposuction? How does it work? And is it really effective for long-term weight loss and health management? This short guide will give you the answers.
- The fact is, many people struggle to lose excess fat deposits in certain areas of the body (usually the stomach) even after they’ve lost a lot of weight, they exercise often, and they eat a healthy diet. For whatever reason, some people are just prone to have stubborn fat deposits that won’t go away regardless of how healthy their body is. This can be very frustrating because your physical appearance doesn’t reflect the healthiness of your body.
- Liposuction (which is also known as lipoplasty) is a method of removing excess body fat from specific regions of the body. Liposuction procedures are most often performed around the stomach, chest, thighs, and upper arms.
- Liposuction isn’t exactly a weight loss “treatment” on its own, nor should it be considered a reasonable form of weight loss alone for individuals who are considered to be obese. The best candidates for liposuction procedures are those who are already living healthy lives and just want to remove stubborn excess fat.
- The actual liposuction procedure itself is fairly simple! It can be performed under general, regional, or local anesthesia, meaning that patients won’t have to feel a thing during the procedure. It’s also performed by a trained medical professional. The process works by heating up the fat deposit in a particular region with a laser; this turns the fat into a semi-liquid substance that can removed from the body easily. The procedure can be done on its own or along with other cosmetic surgical procedures.
- Liposuction is one of the easiest surgical procedures to undergo and, on average, patients can return to their normal daily activities within a week!
- Liposuction isn’t a solution for drastic weight loss and it shouldn’t be considered the first option to lose weight in a short period of time, especially if an individual hasn’t adjusted his or her health habits. But as long as an individual makes sure to eat healthy foods and exercise regularly, the effects of liposuction can last a very long time!