Imagine dealing with excruciating pain whenever you completed the simple tasks of putting on make up or brushing your teeth. Unfortunately, anyone who suffers from trigeminal neuralgia, a chronic pain condition that affects the trigeminal nerve, deals with these intense sensations that travel from the face to the brain. Without intervention, in fact, trigeminal neuralgia suffers can lead very limited lives and may even get to the point where they are hospitalized frequently.
Many of us have dealt with pain following a sports injury or some kind of accident. If, however, you take the time to imagine what it would be like to deal with that kind of pain on a nearly constant basis you can begin to understand the anguish of patients who deal with chronic conditions like myofascial pain, neck pain, bulging discs, or arthritis. Pain caused by any number of conditions is the reason that there are a growing number of clinics that offer treatment plans for a number of conditions.
Consider these facts and figures about the many times when patients are in search of pain intervention and the impact that these treatments have on the economy of the nation:
- 85% of worker’s compensation claims are the result of employees slipping on slick floors. These are injuries that are covered by insurance, so it does not make sense to leave them untreated.
- More than 1.5 billion people worldwide suffer from chronic pain.
- 50 million Americans have arthritis, a condition that can be very painful.
- As many as 40% of people will suffer from sciatica during their life, this is a pain that radiates downward from the sciatic nerve in the lower back, is one of the most common types of pain.
- 25% of all Americans have suffered from pain that lasts longer than 24 hours and millions more suffer from acute pain.
- Representing 2% of the adult population, fibromyalgia affects about 4 million U.S. adults.
If you, or someone you know, deals with chronic pain then you likely understand the importance of being able to get the help that you need. From facial pain caused by trigeminal neuralgia to occipital neuralgia osteoarthritis, there are a number of conditions that can benefit from the help of the latest medical treatments and procedures offered by pain management doctors.