The opportunity to interview with a new company in the next six months is what prompted you to consider hair transplant surgery. You have been considering the procedure for a number of years, but the chance to move across the country and start a new job with a new group of people provided the perfect setting. You know that hair transplant surgery takes awhile, but since this new position will not really be available for another six to eight months, you have time to work with the hair specialists to see what options are the best for you.
Anyone who is suffering from thinning hair knows the stress of not looking your best. Looking older than you are, of course, is one of the biggest challenges when it comes to hair loss. Finding a way to get yourself back to a full head of hair, however, can help you recapture the confidence of your youth, as well as the looks that you used to enjoy. Especially if you are getting ready to transition into a new career in a new city, the opportunity to make sure that you are looking your best is always tempting.
Consider some of these facts and figures about hair loss and the industry that provides a way for everyone to look their very best:
- In a Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS), a strip of scalp from a non-balding area is surgically removed in balding area incisions.
- Healing time after an FUE hair transplant depends on skin type, but the grafts take in a matter of days and redness decreases in about four to five days.
- A typical FUE procedure takes approximately eight hours.
- In normal circumstances, before balding, hair loss, or both take effect, a strand of hair grows for two to six years, goes into a resting phase for several months, and then falls out.
- By the age of 35, two-thirds of American men will experience some degree of appreciable hair loss.
- By the age of 50, as many as 85% of men have significantly thinning hair.
It is difficult to have confidence and a sense of ease if you are not looking your best. Finding a way to make sure that you are able to regain your youth by improving the way your hair looks can serve as a real confidence boost. If you are getting ready to make a change in not only how you look, but also how you feel, it might be time for you to consult with a local hair transplant surgery doctor to see what options are available.