Summer should be a time of days at the lakes and nights on the deck. In fact, many families find themselves making more plans than normal during the months of June, July, and August. The one thing that can keep families from enjoying their summer plans, however, is a trip to the hospital or local urgent care clinic. Whether you have someone in your family who is battling a summer cold or is in pain from a possible broken arm, it is important to make sure that you select the place for the care that you need.
Although there are some illnesses and injuries that require a visit to a hospital emergency room, many of the illnesses and injuries that happen can be addressed by an affordable, convenient, and reliable urgent care clinic. From sports physicals for when fall practices start to x-rays after a summer game of baseball, urgent care clinics provide many necessary health care options.
Located Throughout Many Areas of the City, Walk In Health Clinics Provide Needed Care
Medical problems, like illnesses and injuries, do not always occur at the most convenient of times. Fortunately, even if you are looking for medical care on an evening or on the weekend, a walk in medical clinic can will be open to provide the care that you need.
Consider these facts and figures about the urgent care clinic industry:
- Upper respiratory conditions were the most common diagnosis in an urgent care center in the year 2012.
- Wound repair was the most common procedure in an urgent care center in the year 2012.
- 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week.
- 20,000 physicians practice Urgent Care Medicine in America today.
- 3 million patients visit urgent care centers each week, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- 80% of urgent care centers in the U.S. provide fracture care.
Do not let summer go to waste because you are not getting the care that you need. The decision to seek affordable and convenient care at a local walk in health clinic can get you back on track for the summer vacation plans that you have with your family. As more and more Americans worry about the future of the health care in this nation, it is important to find the right platform to receive the care that you need, no matter what time of the year it is.