Summer is always the time when you hate your glasses the most. The fact that you spent 15 years of your life wearing contacts means that you know the joy of not having to wear glasses when you are at the pool or even out mowing the yard. Unfortunately, your eyes are so dry lately that wearing contacts is not really possible any more. You do not enjoy, however, the challenge of wearing glasses in the summer. It is a pain to deal with them when you are swimming and they make you absolutely miserable when you are mowing the yard. Fortunately, your eye doctor has recently talked to you about Lasik eye surgery, and she thinks that you are a great candidate.
Laser surgeries are increasingly popular in a time when so many people are looking for a way to make sure that they make the most of their lives. Eye exam centers can help patients find out if laser laser surgery is a viable option. If you find out that Lasik surgery is an option for you it is important to get it scheduled as soon as possible. Consider some of these facts and figures about Lasik surgery and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy, as well as the vision of many:
- 224,000 military personnel had lasik surgery as of the year 2008.
- Fewer than 1% of the people who undergo Lasik procedures experience any kind of complications.
- 95% of people who underwent lasik surgery between the years 1995 and 2003 indicated that they were happy with their results.
- The Lasik procedure itself takes about 10 minutes an eye to complete.
- 3,250 surgeons performed lasik surgeries on their patients in the year 2015.
- 21 million Lasik procedures were performed in the year 2015.
- It usually takes somewhere between a few days or several weeks to recover fully from a Lasik procedure.
- Lasik surgery was introduced in the U.S. more than 20 years ago.
Finding the right vision surgery procedures can help you make sure that you are able to live the life that you want. Excellent vision can help you make sure that every part of your life is fulfilling.