This was not how you expected to spend your Sunday, but when your husband slipped off the bottom rung of the ladder while putting up Christmas lights all of the plans for the day changed Fortunately, you were home when he got hurt and heard him calling for help. You had just returned form church and your husband had just finished stringing lights around the last of the boulevard trees when the misstep occurred. You bit your tongue and did joke that the fall is what he got for skipping church and staying home and working on Christmas lights.
With a choice of urgent care locations, you did not need to travel too far from your neighborhood to get the medical help that your husband needed. Within an hour, your the doctor had ordered an x-ray, confirmed that the ankle was just a bad sprain, but not broken. With orders to go home and to ice and elevate his foot, the rest of the plans that your husband had for the day were now put on the back burner.
Where Do You Go When You Need Medical Attention?
From sprained ankles to stomach pain and from flu shots to fracture care, many urgent care locations provide convenient, affordable, and, most of all, reliable care. Consider some of these facts and figures about the urgent care platform and the services they provide, as well as the reasons that so many people go to these places for care:
- 20,000 physicians who practice Urgent Care Medicine today.
- 3 million patients visit urgent care clinics each week, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care.
- 85% of urgent care centers are open every day of the week.
- Affecting 70% of the nation’s population at sometime in their lives, dizziness is the second most common complaint heard in doctor’s offices.
- Upper respiratory conditions are the most common diagnosis in an urgent care center, and wound repair is the most common procedure in the year 2012.
If you find yourself having more trouble than you expected hanging up this year’s Christmas lights, make sure that you get the care that you need to so that you can get back in the holiday spirit sooner, rather than later.