Getting the care you need when you get ill or suffer an injury can be a challenge when this happens late at night or on a weekend. Fortunately, an increasing number of urgent care locations provide around the clock care so patients can make sure that they get the help and the advice that they need.
Walk in clinics are an increasingly popular platform that provides affordable and convenient health care to an increasing number of Americans. As Americans continue to look for a less expensive way to get the after hour care that they need, walk in healthcare clinics continue to provide these services. The fact that it is difficult to get a walk in appointment at a family physician or pediatrician means that more and more people are looking at a walk in clinic as the solution to the health concerns that they have. And while there are times when a hospital emergency room is necessary, it is too expensive of an option to deal with minor medical concerns, including injuries and illnesses.
Finding Affordable and Convenient Care Is a Priority to Many Americans
Whether you are looking for an evaluation after an ankle injury or you are ready to get this season’s flu shot, a reliable doctor at an affordable and convenient walk in clinic can provide both answers and suggestions. Consider some of these statistics about the urgent care clinic industry and the impact that it has on the nation:
- 5% and 20% of Americans, on average, come down with the flu every year.
- 85% of urgent care centers are every day of the week.
- 3 million patients a week visit walk in health centers, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- 20,000 physicians practice Urgent Care Medicine in America.
- Americans get approximately 1 billion colds a year.
- 25,000 Americans suffer from an ankle sprain each day in America.
Finding the best place to get the care that you and your family need is especially important when an injury or an illness occurs late in the evening or over the weekend? How close are you to the nearest urgent care clinic?