Both you and your husband had a great time posting comments on the church website.
As the daily blogs were posted showing the youth group’s mission work this week, you enjoyed looking for glimpses and listening for sound bites of your 15 year old daughter on her first trip to complete construction work, painting, and other odd jobs for residents who were in need of some help. Even your son got into the job of writing about the way the whole family had decided to redecorate his sister’s room in her absence. He enjoyed telling his younger sister that the lime green and pink walls of her youth were now gone and that the dark shade of brown looked much more mature. The teasing comments had the three of you back home brainstorming other ways that you could torture the youngest member of the family while she was away.
All teasing aside, however, you really were serious when you told your daughter before she left that she was not allowed to climb any extension ladders on this trip. You wanted her back home, safe and in one piece. You were more than concerned, then, when the youth director called to say that he was taking your daughter into the local urgent care clinic. He explained that although she had not been on a high extension ladder, she had fallen off a three foot step stool when she was painting some outside gutter work. the director went on to explain that it looked like your daughter’s right ankle was just sprained and not broken, but he assured you that he would call you as soon as they had the report from the urgent care clinic staff.
That day, you found it difficult to post any funny comments, but you were thankful that she was in good hands.
Urgent Care Clinics Provide Immediate, Affordable, and Quality Care
Whether you are at home or on the road, it is reassuring to know that at any time of day or night you can find a medical walk in clinic when you need it. In fact, there are currently 20,000 physicians who practice urgent care medicine today. Providing their services outside of traditional physician and hospital emergency room settings, these urgent care clinic doctors are still well qualified
Consider some of these other reassuring facts about the urgent care and walk in clinic platform that is serving as increasing number of Americans as they look for today’s affordable health care solutions:
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care. In most cases, in fact, getting an x-ray at an urgent care center is faster and more affordable. Once the x-ray is taken, qualified doctors are able to determine the necessary next step.
- 80% of ankle sprains are a result of the inward rolling of the ankle. In medical terms, this is often called an inversion.
- Approximately 3 million patients visit walk in clinics each week, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week.
- Wound repair was the second most common diagnosis in an urgent care center in the year 2012.
- Walk in clinic care is faster than getting an appointment with your family physician or pediatrician and it is far more affordable than a hospital emergency room visit.
Whether you are at home on a weekend or it is late at night when you get sick or you are out of town when you get injured, the most affordable, convenient, and qualified health care platform is often a local urgent care clinic.