Have you ever been super successful with a goal for a vacation and then had no motivation once you returned home? This is so much more common than you think. And it might be because we need a target to shoot for. When someone lacks purpose, it is also easy to lack drive and that is why so many people find it challenging to get the motivation to achieve their goals. If you do not have a goal that you have written out and that is real, you might have a hard time driving toward anything.
Perhaps this is why so many people love to participate in fitness challenges. For instance, challenges can be completing a fitness program, completing a nutrition program, or just completing 100 workouts. A challenge is a specific behavior you commit to for a specific period of time. For many people, when they are working on a goal or a challenge, this is the time when they are at their very best. You may want to have a timeline and a 100% clear path on what you need to do to reach your goals. Once you find out what you need to do to be successful, it is easy to execute the steps you need to reach your goal. Whether you are on vacation or at home.
Are Muscle Aches and Pains Keeping You from Your Fitness Goals?
We all know that exercise on a regular basis can help us look and feel our bests, but if muscle aches and pains are keeping you from getting in the workouts that you need, then it might be time to make an appointment with one of the local therapeutic massage centers. In fact, by scheduling deep tissue massage therapy appointments you can get yourself in a position where you can reach any of the fitness goals that you may have.
In a time when so Manu Americans are not getting the amount of exercise that they need it is even more important to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success by establishing goals and addressing any roadblocks that you may encounter. Did you know that as many as 92% of people agree that massage can be effective in reducing pain? This means that if you have muscle aches and pains that are keeping you from getting in your best workouts you may find the solution you need with a massage therapist.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that massage therapy can get you to a place that will allow you to meet whatever fitness goals and challenges you have established for yourself:
- 23% of massage consumers had a massage for relaxation or stress reduction between July of 2013 and July of 2014.
- 54% of adult Americans who had a massage during this same period indicated that they had it for medical or health reasons such as pain management; soreness, stiffness, or spasms; injury rehabilitation, or overall wellness.
- An average of 15% of adult Americans received at least one massage between July 2013 and July 2014, according to the AMTA 2014 consumer survey.
- Conducted in July 2014, the 18th annual American Massage Therapy Association Consumer Survey indicated that that approximately 9 million people over the age of 55 had a total of 39 million massages in the previous year.
- More massage therapy referrals come from chiropractic offices than any other source. In fact, 13% of respondents reporting receiving referrals at least once per week from a chiropractor, and another 24% reported receiving referrals several times a month.
- More than 54 million American adults discussed massage therapy with their doctors or health care providers in the last 12 months.
Even when you are motivated, muscle aches and pains can keep you from reaching the fitness goals that you have set for yourself. Fortunately, with the right deep tissue or muscle massage you can get back to the gym and start working toward being your best self. Depending on the type of massage that is scheduled and how much time you have, massage session may last from 15 to 90 minutes. Who does not have that kind of time to spare if it means you can get back to working toward your fitness goals?